Browse different types of hammerheads at Emechmart
Hammerhead is one of the most common tools we use for most of the projects throughout our lives. The hammer heads are the tools that allow us to manipulate material, often destroying it, then reshaping it and creating something better and more beautiful.
Choosing the right HammerHeads can be difficult as different hammer heads are designed for performing different task. Emechmart comes to the rescue by offering diverse range of quality hammer head at one portal. You can buy highly durable hand tools including hammer heads in a few clicks.
Hammers at Emechmart are forged to quality, durablility and sustainability, as our manufacturing partners use modern carbon steel. All our products are tempered to extreme temperature to endure highest torque and maximum productivity to the users.
Types of hammer head available at Emechmart
Right from claw hammer head to cross pein hammer head, you can buy diverse range of HammerHeads online. Some of our most popular categories of hammer heads are as follow:
· Claw hammer heads: They are the most popular hammers for general work, available with wood (often hickory), glass-fiber, or steel handles; With or without rubber grips. The most popular weights are 450 grams to 680 grams. The claws are usually curved and include a 'V' cut-out for driving the nails through the wood. The claw can be used to pry off floorboards or other places where leverage is needed.
· Ball pein heads: Commonly used by engineers, in this case the pin is round and is typically used to shape metal and lock rivets.
· Cross and straight pein heads: Again, primarily used for shaping metal, the pin may be at right angles or parallel to the handle. Most useful locally is cross pine, where pine may be used for starting panel pins and tacks. The handles are usually made of wood, usually ash.
· Club hammer head: Sometimes called a lump hammer, it has a two-pronged head, and is useful for light demolition work for driving steel chisels and masonry nails.
· Sledge hammer head: The sledge hammer head is used for heavy work, such as driving stakes or breaking concrete, stone or masonry. For light work only the weight of the head may be used, but for heavy work the hammer is swung like an axe.
· Soft head hammer head: Various types are available with hard and soft rubber, plastic or copper faces. Some come with a selection of faces that are interchangeable. Useful for striking materials such as chrome wing outs, where the steel face would cause damage. In some cases, a mallet can substitute for cabinet work.
Factors to consider for using hammer head
· Always use the correct hammer for the job, this will make the job easier and avoid possible damage to the hammer/workpiece.
· Never drive nails with a check or the tip of a hammer. The metal at these points is not as hard as the striking face and can be damaged.
· When hammering delicate work, use a piece of scrap wood between the work piece and the head of the hammer. This will avoid damage to the workpiece.
· Use a nail punch to sink the nails into the wood, again this will prevent damage to the workpiece. Nail punches have a flat end (or slightly concave) to fit the end of the nail, rather than the pointed end of other punches.
· Where the handle is held in place by a steel wedge in the hammer head, check regularly to make sure the wedge is tight. Wooden handles may shrink in dry conditions.
· If the wooden handle starts to loosen, soak the head in water overnight, the water will cause the handle to stretch into the head and tighten.
· If the hammer slips off the nail, rough up the face of the head using medium abrasive paper.
· Always wear safety glasses when driving masonry nails or breaking concrete.
Buy highly durable hammer heads at our online store
Emechmart offers different variants of hammer heads at best price in India, varying in sizes, weight and shapes. Different types of hammer heads used for different purpose to give robust output. You can avail hammerheads at the best price by ordering bulk quantity of hands tools and power tools.